Join my online community

Sunday, 4 January 2009

Brick Walls are There for a Reason

Well, here we are again at the start of another year. Let's hope it's a great one for you and for me. I certainly expect great things this year. I hope you do too.


I'd like to start off the first newsletter of this new year by telling you of an idea that I read somewhere which I think bears sharing with you because it's an important idea. Here it is:


"Brick walls are there for a reason. They are not there to keep us out, but to keep others out. They are there to give us a chance to show how bad we want something. They're there to stop the other people."


Let's look at this idea a little closer.


In a previous newsletter, I mentioned that you need to "include yourself in the group", meaning you need to imagine yourself as one of the people that actually gets what they want, instead of one of the many who want it but don't get it.


Let's face it. If you look closely any one of your main goals or ambitions, it's a safe bet that thousands of other people want the same thing. It's also a safe bet that some people will get it and some people won't. If you were to ask any one of the people who doesn't get the results they want, why they didn't win, they will be able to point to some reason they didn't get the result they wanted.


Some will say, "I didn't have enough money." Others will say, "It wasn't my time." Others will say, "Something was against me." Still others might say, "I didn't get the breaks I needed." Others might say, "I guess it just wasn't meant to be."


The interesting thing is that if you look at the people who did get the desired result, you will find that many of them didn't have the money either. Some didn't get the breaks. Some were in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong luck. Some had tremendous odds against them. But they overcame these obstacles and carried on until they got the results they wanted.


When you read stories of successful people, you are struck repeatedly by some of the incredible obstacles they've overcome.


Each person who achieves something important has had to overcome obstacles along the way… the very obstacles that stopped someone else. What one person saw as a brick wall, another person saw as an opportunity to become a different person…. a person who is not stopped by that particular brick wall.


So here's the point… what obstacle are you facing?


Are you going to let this obstacle become a brick wall, keeping you from the success you want? Or, are you going to find a way to get over it, get around it, get through it, get under it….. by doing whatever it takes to get passed your particular obstacle?


What will it take for you to continue on your particular path to greatness?


Whatever it takes, I know that you have the resources within you to manage it.


Continue to believe in your ability to achieve the results you want.


To your success,

Anthony

No comments: